This is not so much an install guide as it is a "how do I do this and what is this guide"
Note the main reason the file is downloaded as a .reg.txt file is so that you can confirm the data inside it before adding it to the registry.
How it should look like. The first line may change to the version you have but it still should look similar.
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"Allow Local Files"=dword:00000001
- Make sure you have file extensions visible and are able to change them freely as the fixer may and probably will download as 'soundpack.reg.txt'. How to see extensions and change them.
- Change the 'soundpack.reg.txt' file into 'soundpack.reg'. (Without the ' ')
- You may have to give yourself Admin. on your computer to be able to change the registry with the fixer. (Google works wonders.) -- "How to give your account administrative privileges on -computer type-"
- If the file is correctly changed to soundpack.reg with no other extensions attatched then all you have to do is double click the file and it will bring up a couple windows asking if you want to run this file. Another will ask if you're sure you want to add info to the registry editor. After just hitting yes to everything it should have written the needed keys into your registry and fixed the problem.